Youth Leadership Development
The Department of Youth Ministry offers leadership development opportunities for young people in middle school, grades 6-8, and those in high school, grades 9-12. Our youth leadership programs emphasize three areas for growth:
* Discipleship: Living in relationship with Jesus, inspired by Christian values and nurtured by participation in the Catholic faith community.
* Ministry: Offering actions of loving service to those in need.
* Leadership: Making a difference for good with and for others in the way and example of Jesus Christ.
- Leading In God’s Hands Today (LIGHT) Middle School Leadership Retreat
- Service And Leadership Together (SALT) Middle School Leadership Retreat Day
Leading In God’s Hands Today (LIGHT) Middle School Leadership Retreat
Offered Regionally in the Following Locations:
- Saturday, October 2, 2011 at St. Mary Immaculate Parish in Lakeport
- Sunday, October 9, 2011 at St. Apollinaris Parish in Napa
- Sunday, November 6, 2011 at St. Joseph Parish in Cotati
Leading In God’s Hands Today (LIGHT) is a one-day leadership event focusing on Matthew 5:14-16 and features learning sessions on leading a Catholic lifestyle as a middle school youth. LIGHT helps young people currently in grades 6-8 learn about Christian Leadership and the many ways they can be of service to the church and the world. This event seeks to equip young people with the knowledge necessary to begin growing as a leader in parish and school youth/campus ministry. Junior high youth who show the potential and desire to serve as leaders in the parish or school setting have the opportunity to sharpen their leadership mindset and share their faithful call to serve in the way of Jesus. Activities include faith sharing, Catechesis, prayer, drama, small and large group process, games and music.
Facilitators for the retreat will be members of the D-TEAM, a team of adult and youth leaders from around the Diocese. For more information on LIGHT, contact us at 707-566-3343 OR firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service And Leadership Together (SALT) Middle School Leadership Retreat Day
Saturday, March 31, 2012
St. Rose Parish in Santa Rosa
Service And Leadership Together (SALT) is a one-day retreat for middle school youth in grades 6-8 who have strong faith and leadership potential. In this retreat, we will explore Christian discipleship and how it relates to our service to others. We will spend part of the retreat learning about Catholic Social Teaching and the needs of those who are poor and hungry. We will also reflect on the corporal and spiritual works of mercy as a practical application of our service as Christian leaders.
Facilitators for the retreat will be members of the D-TEAM, a team of adult and youth leaders from around the Diocese. Stan Cordero, Director of Youth Ministry will lead the diocesan team. Musical guests will be Nelson Gonzales and the Friends of Jesus.
Cost is $40 per person and includes a t-shirts, snacks, dinner and program materials. Registration materials will be sent regular mail to all youth and campus ministry contacts in August 2008.
For more information contact us at 566-3343 or email@example.com.